In a crazy world, saying I love you always is good to hear, but it’s more important to show it. So here are 7 Dr. Jacquie-approved aways to show how much you love your mate.
- Flowers – You can’t go wrong with flowers. Flowers communicate love and affection, from the single rose to an elaborate bouquet. For us ladies with a non-traditional flare, we know that this idea isn’t only for us. Some men enjoy flowers, too.
- A Card is simple but powerful, especially if you’re not very romantic or good with words. A card can say all the right things in all the right ways. If you’re apart during the holiday, send a card in the snail mail. This shows that you put in effort and forethought. But if you’re scrambling at the last minute, an Ecard will get the job done, and some options even allow you to personalize with photos, video, and audio.
- Intimate Dinner – Love is best when you add in quality time. That’s why this traditional method never gets old. If you are always on the go, it will be great to slow down for the evening, get caught up, and spend some valuable time together.
- Chocolate – They only come once a year, but the big chocolate hearts are an all-time favorite. Even if they don’t like chocolate, the stuffed teddy bear and assorted flavors get your lover instant popularity in the office.
- Say it. – Sometimes, we make big, elaborate plans and neglect the power of simplicity. Steve Wonder said it best, “I just called to say I Love You. I just called to say how much I care!” Texting is great but saying it is even better. You can even spice things up and learn to say I Love You in another language. Te Amo! (Spanish)
- Call A Truce – If you and your mate have been in a war, you should declare a truce. Decide to spend the day without pushing negative buttons or hitting below the belt.
- Take A Walk Down Memory Lane – Even though time tends to change the dynamics of a relationship, it’s always nice to remember the beginning of your relationship. Try pulling out photo albums or watching your wedding video. Laugh, smile, and enjoy your shared experience.
We all know how fast Valentine’s Day passes. Therefore, I recommend that you don’t just choose one of these, but over the next few weeks continue to use these ideas to keep the passion burning between the two of you.
Dr. Jacquie Del Rosario
America’s Marriage Coach